Belfast Wine School is now qualified to provide WSET courses.
Please email email@example.com for further details including Price, Dates, and course formats
For anyone pursuing a career in wine or hospitality the WSET offer globally recognised qualifications useful for your CV.
For the interested consumer WSET courses offer a chance to learn about wine in a fun but structured and concentrated way. These courses build your wine knowledge and enable you to interact confidently with staff in shops and restaurants selling wine.
All our WSET courses are examined and certified within a QCA-aproved National Qualifications Framework.
Why book a WSET course with Belfast Wine School?
- We are part of the local wine school network which won Riedel's WSET Educator of the Year in 2015
- The networks tutors are amongst the highest performing in the UK and our pass rates are much higher than the national average
- We offer a personalised service with direct feedback on progress
- Assistance is offered outside the classroom to students when needed
- We don't sell wine, we are professional wine educators
- Class sizes are kept small to manitain standards
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines £135
We offer this as a single day course
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines establishes the basic skills and product knowledge required in the service and retail of wine. It is ideal for preparing a person for their first job in hospitality or drinks retail.
- Ideal for boosting confidence of new or inexperienced front line staff in the hospitality and retail sectors
- Establishes basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine
- The course is also a good introductory first
- course for wine ehthusiasts wishing to study in a structured way
- The qualification also covers how to taste wine and identify wine styles how to store and serve wine and how to pair food and wine
- The day finishes with a 30 question multiple choice exam
No previous experience of wine tasting is necessary to register for the Level 1 Award in Wines. To check that this course is suitable for you please click to review the full WSET Level 1 Course Specification.
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits £340
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is intended for those who have little or no product knowledge of the broad range of wines and spirits available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies. It is also ideal for those who have a serious interest in wine and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way.
Please note you do not need to have completed the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines to enrol for the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits. To discuss the right starting point for you Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
- Ideal introduction to wine making, key grape varieties and major wine producing regions of the world
- It is key vocational training for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available
- It is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry who wish to study using a structured curriculum and formal assessment
- It finishes with a 50 question, multiple choice exam
No previous wine tasting experience is required to register for the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits. To check that this course is suitable for you please review the full WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits course specification